Finding out his girlfriend is unexpectedly pregnant can be one of the most stressful events in a man’s life. If that’s you, you’re not alone. Whether you feel unprepared to be a father or you’re worried about whether you could afford a child, the fears and anxiety can be overwhelming.
These emotions lead many couples to consider abortion. However, the costs of abortion procedures are another hurdle to overcome. In today’s blog, we will be discussing the cost of abortion, your insurance options, and where to find free, quality healthcare in your community.
Will My Insurance Pay for My Girlfriend’s Abortion?
Unfortunately, your insurance will likely not cover any medical care for your significant other, unless you are legally married and they have been added to your insurance plan. However, this doesn’t mean you are out of options — keep reading to learn more about affordable healthcare options near you!
How Much Does an Abortion Cost in Minnesota?
The cost of an abortion will vary greatly depending on your girlfriend’s unique pregnancy conditions and the type of procdure she is elgible for.
Women whose pregnancies are under 70 days will likely be elgible for the abortion pill. The abortion pill, also referred to as a medical abortion, costs on average $500. If your girlfriend’s pregnancy is past 10 weeks or if she is seeking a surgical abortion procedure, you can expect to pay somewhere between $500 and $3,000.
In order to determine her eligiblily for an abortion proecdure, we recommend that your girlfriend schedules an ultrasound scan. This scan will identify any health issues and determine the age of the pregnancy.
Worried about the cost? Lakes Life Center provides ultrasound scans at no cost to you!
What Other Costs Should We Consider When it Comes to Abortion?
Like any other serious medical procedures, abortion can be accompanied by complications and hidden costs. Here are a few other costs to think through as you and your girlfriend condiser your abortion options:
- Medications and follow-up appointments
- Emergency care and surgery in case of complications
- Travel and accommodation costs, if required to access an abortion
- Missed paychecks during recovery
- Necessary tests and screenings (ultrasounds, lab-quality pregnancy testing, STD testing, and more).Schedule your free appointment at Lakes Life Center!
Where Can My Girlfriend Find Free Pregnancy Healthcare Services?
We know it can be a challenge to find quality, affordable healthcare services. Lakes Life Center exists to provide couples like you with help and guidance in the face of unplanned pregnancies.
Here’s what you and your girlfriend will find at Lakes Life Center:
- Pregnancy confirmation through lab-quality pregnancy testing
- An ultrasound scan to determine the location, age, and viability of the pregnancy
- Access to free STD testing to ensure your girlfriend is not at risk for common, harmful infections
- Help and guidance from a nurse advocate
- Information on all of your options
- Helpful resources and referrals to make this process as easy as possible for you and your girlfriend
- STD testing and treatment
Lakes Life Center is ready to welcome you both! Schedule your free, confidential appointment today!