Did you know many people who have STDs don’t experience any symptoms? If you’re sexually active, even with only one partner, you can be infected so it’s important to be tested regularly.
Surprising Facts About STDs
- According to recent statistics, half of Americans will contract an STD at some point in their life.
- Every year in the U.S. there are an estimated 19 million new infections.
- Nearly half of all new STD cases occur in people aged 15 to 24.
- More than 25 different diseases can be transmitted sexually.
- Some STDs – like chlamydia and gonorrhea – can affect fertility.
- Any sexual activity can spread STDS.
The risk of STDs is too serious to ignore. Many STDs don’t have noticeable symptoms but can cause lasting damage like pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). There’s no shame in getting tested, and you owe it to yourself, your future health, and your partner to take this safety measure.
Free STD Testing & Treatment
We offer free STD testing for the two most common types of STDs – chlamydia and gonorrhea. If you test positive, we offer treatment for both.
It’s safer to learn as early as possible about the presence of an STD so you can seek treatment right away to prevent future health challenges.
Do I Need To Be Tested Before An Abortion?
Yes! If you’re considering an abortion, it’s important to know if you have an STD. Women who undergo an abortion with an untreated STD are up to 25% more likely to develop Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) following the abortion procedure. PID can lead to serious health issues including infertility, ectopic pregnancy, abscess formation, and chronic pelvic pain.
Before scheduling your abortion, we can provide free STD testing so you can make the most educated and empowered health decisions. We offer other free services as well so you can make a fully-informed decision. Contact us to schedule your free appointment today.